I was nominated by Becca Cahill for the Blogger Recognition Award!
Thanks so much Becca for the recognition of The Librarian Talks. Blogger love is much appreciated. You can check out Becca’s blog, and what she’s up to with her writing (sooooo excited about this) at https://beccacahill.blogspot.com/.
Here’s what the Blogger Recognition Award is all about (taken from Ashe from Subliminal Wish‘s blog):
“If you’re not already familiar with the concept, the Blogger Recognition award is just an “award” given to a blogger by another blogger to appreciate and recognize all the hard word that we all put into publishing new content and keeping our websites fresh and updated. Blogging takes quite a bit of work and this is just a small way of showing our fellow bloggers that we all see the effort they put into their little corners of the internet.”
How did I get the award?
How did my blog start?
Advice for new bloggers:
- Hall Ways by Kristine Hall. Once a librarian, ALWAYS a librarian! Kristine blogs about books. She also runs the Lone Star Literary Life Blog Tours, which features authors who are from Texas, or write about Texas (a matter of the heart for us Texans).
- Stephanie’s Book Reports by Stephanie Phillips, et al. TONS of reviews from these ladies! A great place to find a new book or author to read. Stephanie also owns the boutique literary agency, SBR Media.
- Books and Broomsticks by Belle Whittington. Belle is the author of the Young Adult series, Cicada, set in East Texas (her author website is here – http://www.bellewhittington.com/). LOVE LOVE LOVE these books! And I love this quirky woman’s blog.
- Miss Riki by Riki Cleveland. Book lover and publicist extraordinaire. Heavy on romance, but I like heavy romance (giggle).
- Jami Gold by author Jami Gold. Jami is a Paranormal Author. Her website is fantastic, but I am a HUGE follower of her blog, which celebrates its 7th Blogiversary in July! Check it out for lots of fantastic tips on writing. I’ve pinned a TON of her posts to my Pinterest – Writing board.
- MuseTracks by Jennifer Bray-Weber and Stacey Purcell (with a few others occasionally). Great stuff for writers, including a weekly writing prompt (HUMP DAY KICKSTART) to get your muse talking to you!
- History Imagined by Linda Pennell, et al. If you love historical fiction (like I do), this is a blog filled with fascinating historical tidbits, author interviews, and writing tips. Get your nerd on!
- Now Novel part of the Now Novel Website. Probably my most “pinned” blog, choc full of excellent writing tips.
- Blogging for the Love of Authors and Their Books by Nicole and Kim. Two ladies, blogging about the books they love from across the pond. Lots of news on new releases. Lots of romance and YA.
- YA Outside the Lines by a dozen plus, fabulous Young Adult Authors. I can never get away from my YA roots. LOVE this blog and these authors’ perspective.
Nominees – Here’s what you need to do now:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award. Feel free to download the pic above to use on your blog.
- Give a brief story of how/why your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 10 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated and provide the link to the post you created.